9.15.2005

THWACIIW

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
(I think I'm addicted to using visual aids in my posts)

I love childrens books. It doesn't matter what age the book is for, if it's "young at heart" I love it! This may sound simplistic or adolescent, or whatever other big word you want to come up with for it... But I love them! As I've mentioned before, if I had the opportunity, skill, knowledge (and money) to open a children's bookstore, I'd be all over it! One of my favorites as I have mentioned before is "Click Clack Moo - Cows that Type". Others on the list include "The Day I Swapped My Dad For Two Goldfish" (the edition I have has amazing illustrations), and "The Voice". "James and the Giant Peach" - loved it. Chronicles of Narnia - currently making my way through them. Nancy Drew books - I'm collecting the new, old hardcover versions of them (they're new, but they're in the old school style).

However, this book - The House With A Clock In It's Wall - I had completely forgetten about until just recently. In fact, I can't even remember what made me think of it, to be honest with you. But it came to mind the other day, and I decided I had to hunt down a copy. I can remember reading it as a kid (I was probably 10 or 11) and I can even tell you to this day exactly where it was located in the library. I remember when I was little thinking the cover was SO creepy that it had to be a good book. I remember reading it over and over and over again. The funny thing is? I don't remember any of the story, except for the obvious fact that there is a house, with a clock in it's walls.

I tried to hunt down this exact version (as shown above), but alas, I've only found newly designed books. I did find one copy of the old one on ebay, but it wasn't really worth it to me to go through the hassle of getting this version of the book. I did however, find a "best of John Bellairs" book at B&N, and decided to pick it up. Now, if only I could find time among my 4 novel-focused classes to read it!

Anyway, just a little nostalgia for you all this evening... I watched "American Graffiti" as a form of nostalgia today in my pop culture studies class, and I guess the nostalgia stuck with me the rest of the day...

No comments: