9.10.2005

stupidity, swings, & saying goodbye

It was a night of stupidity, swings, & saying goodbye.

My evening started out with a good friend of mine. She had a massive craving for Grasshopper Fudge ice cream - the flavor of the day at good old Kopps. After her cone took a spill to the floor, and she purchased another, we made our way into a bizarre evening. I was in the mood for taking pictures, so we wandered around Waukesha taking random shots... Found ourselves at Target where I bought four different colored lightbulbs so that we could play with light in our photo adventures. We then made our way over to Starbucks to visit a friend working the overnight shift. It was there we engaged in a coloring contest with I swear the fattest crayons I have EVER colored with. Our evening was topped off with great boy-band music to which we created ridiculous dance moves... The best one being to O-Town's "All Or Nothing" (we had some killer dance moves and hand motions, I tell ya).

On the way home, I took a night drive as I often do when I have lots of thoughts in my head. Night drives are the best... Windows rolled down, good tunes, and brilliant stars out on back country roads. As I was driving, I started to think about how much fun I had had during the evening, and that it was an evening of sheer stupidity. We did things we never would have done normally, but didn't care that it was utterly ridiculous that we were doing it. It was the best feeling - kind of freeing and liberating. I was trying to imagine what else felt like that, and it hit me - swings. I absolutely adore swings. I'm 25 and still love to swing on them. There's something so childlike about it, yet, so theraputic. I don't know what it is. Something about them just makes everything that's bad in life seem to disappear. When you're up in the top position of swinging, you can see so much farther than in a ground position. I don't know... My night just seemed like flat out, childhood bliss, like swinging on swings.

When I got home, my night became a little more sobering. The sheer stupidity came to a halt, and I needed to shift into "adult" mode. I received an email from a friend which required a lot of processing on my behalf. I wrote a novel of an email back to this friend of mine, and while I was writing, I realized just how hard it is to say goodbye - especially when neither person involved were the cause of the goodbye. When an outside force causes two people to have to say goodbye to everything that once was, it almost seems harder than if it was brought on by one or the other. I don't deal well with change, and this is one change I strongly did not want to admit to... But it's very possible that saying goodbye to a certain situation has become a necessary evil. I'm not sure where things will go from here...

Well, I suppose it's pretty late - my little computer clock says 1:40. It's been a while since I've been up this late...
I promise to have a more uplifting and positive post soon. I just needed to do a little processing tonight.
Thanks for bearing with me.

Night y'all.

No comments: