9.19.2005

anticipation

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I spent the day soaking in the sunshine and enjoying the crazy wind as it danced off Lake Michigan. The atmosphere was fantastic. Blue sky with killer clouds, wind that makes you shiver but allows you to vascillate between the warmth of the sun and it's own coldness, and people chillin' everywhere... It was one of the last days of summer, and people were soaking in every last bit of it.

As the summer draws to a close, I find myself in great anticipation of fall. I just finished reading the post of a good friend of mine, where she also describes the joys of fall. I adore fall... It is one of my favorite seasons. As much as I tend to curse the midwest, deeply desiring to live in a place with more consistent weather, the ocean, and well, let's just say it, NO SNOW, I must say that the season of fall is a definite perk to living in Wisconsin. And I believe part of my love for fall has to do with such great childhood memories.

I can remember going to Elegant Farmer as a kid, and picking apples with my mom and dad (that's me and my dad above). They had ladders and everything that you could climb, and for a 5 year old, the place looked HUGE, with orchards just waiting to be explored. After picking bags of fresh apples, you could then head to a little stand to create your own carmel apple, complete with whatever other toppings you'd like. A child's version of paradise! So great. There were also pumpkin patches, though I don't remember doing that much as a kid. Just great, great memories of cold days, colorful leaves, and apple picking.

Fall... What a great color on God's pallete...

No comments: