7.03.2004

evaporated

I haven't posted in a while...Haven't been much up to it to be perfectly honest. But I wanted to share a song with you tonight. Too bad I'm not computer smart enough to create a link where you could listen to it. But it's an old Ben Folds Five song called "Evaporate". Have you ever had those times in life, where you've heard something or seen something before, and it did't really have much of an effect on you...Until one day, it's just what you needed, or it describes exactly where you're at. For some reason, there is a line in this song that resonates with me...

"I poured my heart out...and it evaporated."

There's more to the song than that. It's actually quite a sad song about wondering what he's done with his life. The chorus goes, "Here I stand, sad and free...I can't cry, and I can't see What I've done oh God, what have I done?" It's an absolutely beautiful piano ballad. If you haven't heard it, go to iTunes and check it out. It's beautiful. For some reason, I can't get enough of this song.

Anyway, that was my thought for the evening. Hopefully, over the weekend I'll be able to post something with more substance.

On a slightly different note, but still on the topic of music, has anyone heard the new Counting Crows song "Accidentally Fell In Love" - aw man! I love it! It's so catchy, and so fun!

Ok, goodnight one and all.

No comments: