7.23.2004

here i am

hello friends.

current song: "torch singer" by buffalo tom

well, i'm back in town. only here for about a week, but it feels good to be back. granted, that could be because i'm running on three and a half hours of sleep, and so my bed seems to be the best place in the world right now. i don't feel like using caps right now, in case you were wondering. it was a good week. it was a week filled with really cool things that happened, some frustrations, some definite growing experiences, and just a wide array of emotions. but overall, a good week. semp is always a treat. i absolutely adore the people i get to work with. they are all so great and so encouraging. as someone who struggles a GREAT deal with feeling as though i have any "usefulness" (my skills in the area of programming are not altogether strong or polished), things such as semp often cause me to doubt the gifts god has given me. i am surrounded by amazing gifted and talented people, and i often feel like i don't have anything to contribute. God and i worked on that this week. it'll always be a life long struggle as it seems to be the way that i'm wired, however, this week was definitely a week of growth in that area. and those who surrounded me were so encouraging and affirming. on a different note, it was also fun to be the female representing on the production team. there were two girls in the band, but that's not technically considered the "production" team. i was the only female, so that was a little odd. didn't mind though - great group of guys that are so hard working, and treat me really well. they don't treat me as a "girly girl" (which I'm not), but they also don't just treat me as "another one of the guys". props to them. they rock. plus, i don't have a ton of tight guy friends so it was good to be able to chum around with them this week.

on a little bit of a different note, i had a really good lunch today before I left wheaton. It was with two people whom i admire and respect a great deal. we had some really interesting conversations about what it means to serve those around us, and what it means to be Christ to them. i thought a lot about it on my way home. i was thinking about how i'm so good at knowing how i feel about certain situations and certain ways of living as a christian, but i don't tend to live them out. it's so easy for me to philosophize and analyze things, but when it comes down to it, what people am i really pursuing to get to know? how am i serving the people around me. an awesome conversation, but definitely most challenging. i believe some lifestyle adjustments will need to be made... :)

current song: "high hopes" by pink floyd

well my friends, i think this will have to do for right now. my eyes are gaining more and more weight as i type this out. i think a night of relaxation and early bedtime are in order.
have an excellent evening.

ending song: "so what'cha want" by the beastie boys (love the guitar riff!)

No comments: