7.31.2004

on the road & m. night

well folks, this is it...

In about 6 hours, I will be on the road headed for California. It seemed as though this vacation would never come. It couldn't have come at a better time. While I love those in Wisconsin dearly, I'm anxious for some time away. A time of rest, a time of solitude (well, for part of the trip) and a time to just catch my breath. I haven't really had time to process that I'll be in the car for about 15-16 hours tomorrow, but hey - it's vacation right? It's not serving coffee or typing numbers. I have plenty of good tunes, an audio book and some sermons, so I'm GOOD TO GO! I will try to keep you guys posted along the way...

I saw "The Village" today. I do not want to give any spoilers to this movie, but it's worth seeing. It's classic M. Night Shyamalan, and it's great. Each time I watch one of his movies, my love for filmmaking is renewed and my creativity is sparked. I'm so glad this is the movie I saw right before I head out on a trip where I hope to spend an ample amount of time writing and doing photography. Creative juices are flowin', my friends! Now I just need to see Garden State (and Donnie Darko)...

Alright then...I'm off. If for some reason I can't find a place to plug in once I'm out there (which I find highly unlikely), I'll tell you all about my trip when I get home. Thanks so much for being excited along with me...and if you're still with me on this whole blog thing, thanks for coming around.

No comments: