7.08.2004

it's been a while

Ok, so my title makes me want to break into the Staind song...But I'll spare you all...

It's been a while since I've blogged. At least, it feels like it's been a while...I just finished an odd night of work in the land of Starbucks. Two other girls and I worked at a different store so that all their employees could go to a Brewer game (yes, Brewers...You know, the ones that beat the Cubbies 3 times?) with another store. Now, normally working in another store is one thing, but having to close it down...Kinda crazy. And, the store is completely different than ours! So, we had an interesting evening trying to make our way around in the store...Glad it's over!

I don't have anything philosophical to write tonight, or even some sort of deep thought...Deep Thoughts, by Jack Handey. Man, that was a great sketch on Saturday Night Live. It was Jack Handey, wasn't it? Or was it John Handey...Anyway, I like that segment no matter what his name was. But tonight is just a night to sort of ramble. I'm quite good at it. So if you're not into rambling, I suggest you stop reading now. But sometimes they're fun thoughts...The choice is up to you.

So, I'd like to share of my great excitement about my trip to California. For those of you who don't know, I am taking two weeks to drive out to southern California. I have a friend who lives out there, and so I'm staying with her. But I'm so stinkin' excited about going. I'm taking three days to get out there (not much sight seeing on the way out there). I am attending the X-Games (my reason for deciding to go when I did). I have tickets to the vert finals (skateboarding) and am planning on attending the surf competition as well. I am hoping to learn to surf, though my luck with skateboarding has somewhat clouded my hope for surfing. I am going to a concert at the House of Blues in Anaheim (The Young Dubliners) and am hoping to do and see a ton more! Suggestions are greatly welcomed. But I'm staying in Boulder & Las Vegas on the way out and on the way back, and have been having so much fun figuring out what hotels to stay in. I'm planning on making this a HUGE writing trip as well. I hope to get a lot of writing done, as well as do a lot of photography - two huge loves of mine. But most importantly, I am so ready for some time away. TWO WEEKS! That is mind boggling to me. I can't believe I have two weeks with no work! HOW FUN!

Ok, I just needed to share my joy...It's a bit silly, I realize, but I'm so anxious, and I'm so excited, and I'm so unbelievably tired...Wow...I just realized how tired I really am. I'll probably read this blog tomorrow and say, "What in the world?" So, I apologize if it's just totally random.

But that's me...My thoughts are usually disconnected...But you guys still love me, right?
:)

Have a good night one and all...

2 comments:

-tr0y- said...

when are you leaving? and do i have to go two weeks without a post on your blog?? i'm not sure i'm happy about that prospect. (and thanks for posting about sbux--it confirms how glad i am to be out of there!!!!)

Tory Jane said...

Troy...I will be leaving August first, and returning August 14...Take the iBook with me, and will connect along the way...Thanks for the comment about not wanting to go two weeks without a post on my blog...how fun! I have a faithful reader!

Starbucks isn't that bad...Had a good night tonight. But I know what you mean...Sometimes, I wonder why I've given two years of my life to them, and probably another 2 more (I'm hoping to transfer out to California through SBux eventually). Sometimes corporate can be so obnoxious. However, it's a job for which I'm grateful...Not the best on per se...But it'll do for now.