7.27.2004

changes

Does anyone else out there have an addiction to change?

It's kind of funny because I have strange thoughts on change. I love to create change. I love making changes in different areas in my life. However, I greatly dislike unexpected changes.

My mom brought something up to me the other day. I had come home from SEMP, and was once again disgruntled with where I was in life. This seems to happen most often when I go away from home - I come home with different ideas about what I should be doing in life. I seem to always want to switch gears. I've gone through 4 schools, 3 different majors, a bizillion jobs, and can't seem to settle on anything. The one thing I'm happy about is my determination to finally finish school. However, I'm still trying to figure out what I'm doing in my major (which is currently English). But my mom was noticing that I always seem to want to change my "life path" and things in my life. I was wondering if anyone else was in that boat. If they seem to choose one path, only to have another one strike their fancy.

I've learned that my problem comes not from lack of interest, but over interest in things. I mean, if I were to list all the things that interest me, and things I've considered pursuing, we'd be here for quite some time. I've told people that I will for sure end up somewhere in the arts - whether it's visual, audio or written - for art is where my heart lies. But I seriously could see myself doing a TON of things, that I don't know which to pursue first. Hence, being 24, still living at home and trying to graduate from college!

Does anyone else have such a desire to keep "switching it up"? Just wondering...

Off for the night...I'll write more later. I'm going to spend some time listening to the new iTunes that I just downloaded that I probably didn't need...it's SO addicting. I seriously think it's a disease. Hehehe...

G'night one and all...

No comments: