1.28.2005

how fitting

I have a calendar at work that my boss gave me for Christmas, and it has "spiritual quotes" on it. Typically, I don't read them everyday. Just doesn't interest me. However, when I was ripping off the previous days, I decided to read the quote for today, and it hit me like a ton of bricks. It is something that I have decided to make my prayer for now... I'm not a very "sing-songy" type person, typically. I generally am not a fan of things like this. However, I found it to be amazingly fitting with some of the things I've been going through lately. It's funny how God can use stupid things like quote calendars...

God, teach me to be patient
Teach me to go slow
Teach me how to wait on You
When my way I do not know
Teach me sweet forebearance
When things do not go right
So I remained unruffled
When others grow uptight
Teach me how to quiet
My racing, rising heart
So I might hear the answer
You are trying to impart
Teach me to let go, dear God
And pray undisturbed until
My heart is filled with inner peace
And I learn to know Your will.

No comments: