1.18.2005

coming attractions

I get really excited when there are a whole slew of movies coming out that look really really good. It seems as though there are high points where a whole mess of good movies come out, and then there are a lot of lulls. So often, it seems like more lulls than high points. But I'm excited for movies that are coming out between now and summer.

Movies to look forward to:

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory - due out in July. A friend of my brother's - Drew - posted a little ditty about it on his blog a while back, and when I watched the trailer, I must say I was tickled. While the original Willy Wonka made me want to soil myself as it scared me quite a bit when I was younger (and still does), this one looks just as creepy, and I'm totally intrigued. If you want, check out the trailer for it. The music is creepy enough. But Tim Burton - what can I say. He's the master of creepy.

The new Batman - Ok, so I am a huge anti-sequel kind of gal. There are very few movie sequels that I enjoy. And I have to say, as much as I love Christian Bale (oh do I love him) I was REALLY hesitant about him being the "young Batman". However, I've seen some different things, and heard lots of things that make me think otherwise. I'm actually kind of excited to see how it all plays out... So definitely looking forward to that movie.

Kingdom of Heaven - due out in May I think. Now, I know what some of you may be thinking. I dig it because of Orlando Bloom. Oh, you are sorely mistaken. I might actually be turned off to the movie BECAUSE of Orlando Bloom. Don't get me wrong. He was great as Legolas, and he was good in Pirates of the Carribean. I haven't seen Ned Kelly or Troy yet, but I'm assuming he's pretty good. What I'm excited about is Jeremy Irons and Liam Nieson! Yay for those two! I don't know what it is about this movie - doesn't really look like anything new or innovating, but it's captured my attention for some reason. I'm anxious to learn more about it.

Sin City - I had read a bit about it a while back because I kind of like to keep up on what Elijah Wood's projects are. However, I just recently saw the trailer for it (thanks for the link Aaron) and while it looks like it could have some shadiness to it, it looks like it could be stinkin' amazing as well! It has a totally different feel to it (very comic book like which is only appropriate) and has a CRAZY cast which includes characters such as Bruce Willis, Benicio DelTorres, Jessica Alba, Josh Hartnett, Brittney Murphy, Elijah Wood, Nick Stahl, and a whole mess of other people I can't remember including one of my favorite actresses - the girl who plays "Rory" on Gilmore Girls. It looks pretty slick, and I'm quite excited for it.

There are others that I'm stoked about, but these are the main ones I've been kind of looking into lately. Has anyone heard anything more about "The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe"? There's a WETA featurette on Apple Trailers, but I haven't found much on it. Just wondering if anyone else has.

But check out all the trailers for the above at www.apple.com/trailers

No comments: