1.19.2005

american idol

So, I've never really been a fan of American Idol. Don't know - just never really caught my interest. However, being sick the past couple of days has made me dilusional or something as I decided to try my hand at watching it tonight. (Look out! The Apprentice might be next on the list to watch!) Anyway, so I caught part of the show tonight, in between doing some other things. Now, those of you who know me well, and know my feelings on American Idol and all the mocking that goes on. I mean, the whole William Hung situation just hurt me to see - even though everyone assures me that William Hung is completely aware of what's going on (which I still don't think is true). So, I have to say though that tonight, I feel as though I was not my "merciful" self, as I found myself snickering at a few of the performers. I wasn't laughing at their actual performance though - that just made me feel sad for them. However, what I couldn't stop laughing at was the fact that the judges had everything they could do to keep from laughing. Watching them try to keep straight faces - so hilarious. Especially when you see Simon - who by the way, I really can't stand - barely able to keep a straight face. It was rather amusing. And the editors of that show... They're kind of clever. While I still stay with the fact that I hate the mocking side of American Idol, it is cleverly put together, and definitely entertaining. I may just give it more of a go this season... I didn't give into the hype when it first came out, but I'm coming around...

1 comment:

Katy said...

I wasn't an Idol fan the 1st season either, but the past 2 years I've been hooked. I feel so bad for the singers that get laughed at too! Especially when they think they're really good and then start to lose confidence as the judges are looking away with a snicker. So sad! But you have to wonder if those people watch themselves on TV later and are like, "oh man, that is SO not how I thought I sounded!" Do they just not hear themselves correctly in their own head?