8.03.2005

uscs mix

So, work is getting a bit tough to trudge through... Don't get me wrong, I am entirely grateful for the fact that I have a well paying job, that they are willing to work around my school schedule, and I'm not even working 40 hours a week this summer. I'm even MORE grateful that in a mere 3 weeks, I have vacation and once that is over with, I will be back to a school schedule. Rock on for that.

However, I still have three weeks to make it through at work, and I thought to myself that maybe a new playlist would help. I've made it through all of my current playlists way too many times. Therefore, it was high time I put together a new playlist with some newly acquired music.

And I share that list with you:

Bad Reputation - Senses Fail (Joan Jett version n/a on iTunes - sadness)
Everything is Alright - Motion City Soundtrack
Cross My Heart - The Rocket Summer
Sound of Settling - Death Cab for Cutie
Crazy Mary - FM Static
Sidewalks - Story of the Year
Permanent - Acceptance
Square One - Coldplay
Chicago - Sufjan Stevens
All These Things That I've Done - The Killers
Progress - Mute Math
The City Lights - The Umbrellas
Constellations - Jack Johnson
If There Is I Haven't Found It Yet - Reindeer Section
Bad Day - Daniel Powter
Wires - Athlete
Day By Day - Five For Fighting (dug this CD out of the "old tunes" pile)
Today Was A Good Day - Jason Hartwell
When The Stars Go Blue - Tyler Hilton & Bethany Joy Lenz
Son's Gonna Rise - Citizen Cope & Santana
Blackbird - Eros

So far, I dig this mix... We'll see how it goes though. Hoping it'll get me through the next three week. Then, three weeks, I'm headed to Boston (God-willing) for a roadtrip. I'm headed out there with my good friend Sarah and hopefully we'll create a good mix. It's always more fun to create a playlist with someone else - especially when memories are attached. So that should rock... Then, I'll have to create some new school mixes. There's a lot of good albums coming out soon, so hopefully I'll have new tunes. Word on the street is, Death Cab for Cutie has a new album August 30th, David Crowder towards the end of September, Sneaker Pimps are sometime soon, Postal Service is rumored to have something coming out in the near future... And has anyone heard about the new Jimmy Eat World? I heard something a while back, but no idea if that's any time soon...

Alright, that's all for now. More good tunes to come.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tory - I love the playlist. As always, this gives me new stuff to check out. Quick request. Any chance you've got an option with Blogger that will allow your whole posting to be displayed in a newsreader program? I use Newsfire, and I can't get more than the first few lines of your postings to load, and always have to click through to your site. I'm too lazy for that. Can you check and see if you've got that option? Thanks!