8.30.2005

10

All the fun had thus far in Boston came to a screeching halt this morning. Now, mind you, we’re back on track as we just checked into our Hyatt Hotel in DC (can you believe we’re in a Hyatt? SO FUN!) We just ordered a pizza, are watching Friends, and enjoying the fancy atmosphere… However, this morning, we were singing a sadder tune.

Around 9:30 this morning, I was going to pull the car around so that we could pack our stuff, check out and hit the road kind of early. However, come to find, my keys were nowhere to be found. I searched through everything but to no avail. I found nothing. I thought maybe I had locked them in the trunk. The night before, I had retrieved a few items out of the car, and with my arms full, I thought maybe I forgot to take them with me. Because I couldn’t find my keys, I had no other choice than to call a locksmith to see if indeed they were in the trunk. The locksmith showed up, unlocked my car, and I crawled into the trunk to unlatch it, only to find my trunk absent of my keys. I had no idea what in the world to do… And so, we decided to have a key made. Oh what an ordeal that was! We had to find out what the number combination was for cutting the key. I called Saturn Customer Service, I talked to a guy in the parts department, and five keys later, the locksmith finally had to call a dealership to get the right key combo. No one would give us the right number, The locksmith told me that it was intentional so that Saturn (or GM) would be the ones to get money. Anyway, this whole process took about 4 hours, and oodles of money… Let’s just say that when 2:30 hit, and we were in our car leaving Boston, I breathed a sigh of relief… Our only hope was that we would have no problem getting to DC.

And it was so… No problems. We made it to DC without getting lost! So great! Typically, I am really good at navigating and reading maps, but New England is a tad difficult to figure out – especially Boston. Once we got outside of MA, we were good to go. We drove through The Bronx (which was really the only city we were able to identify). We drove over what I’d like to believe (until we learn otherwise) was the Brooklyn Bridge (such an awesome bridge to drive over). Drove through Jersey, Delaware, and Maryland… And I’m happy to say we hit our tenth state of the trip today, not including Wisconsin obviously. 10. Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Pennsylvania, New York, Massechusettes, Connecticut, New Jersey, Delaware, and Maryland.
All but Illinois and Indiana were a new experience for me…

So, no pictures today. I tried to snap a picture of the locksmith van as I was completely bored sitting in a crazy hot parking garage, but it didn’t really turn out. And we didn’t get any good driving shots. Ya’ll will have to wait until tomorrow, but I promise to have some good ones. We’re headed to all the “hot spots” of DC tomorrow. Our hotel is just down the street from the Mall, so we’re good to go.

Hope all is well with you all.
Rock on my friends.

No comments: