8.17.2005

missed

I'm sitting here listening to Sigur Ros, and thinking about how much I miss playing the piano. Not having a piano to play is not the main reason why I am saddened that I no longer have a "church home", but I realized about a month ago, not only will I no longer have a church to call home, but I will not have a piano at my disposal any time I so choose to play. Before, when I was feeling a bit sad, pensive, or just musically inclined, I'd head on over to my church and play my little heart out. God bless them for giving me church keys. No one around, with only one overhead light on, it became a hideout of sorts... I could play as loudly or softly as I desired... I could play the same song as many times as I wanted... I could even let my voice squeak a few notes out, with no one around to hear it... I loved it. Playing songs by ear, playing songs I created, or just sitting in front of the black and white keys... Nothing used to calm my nerves, eat away at my frustration, and jumpstart my creative energy like playing the piano... and I miss it.

and I simply must say, I'm incredibly addicted to
"Saeglópur" by Sigur Ros. all of their songs are
so beautiful, but this is my new favorite.
a bit more upbeat than stuff off their ( ) album.
but beautiful.

I gotta find a piano somewhere...

1 comment:

Katy said...

I so miss having a piano at my disposal too! It's my outlet for curing the blahs and feeling closer to God. I'm not a performer, wouldn't even consider myself a "musician," but there's something I get out of playing that I can't find anywhere else.