8.31.2005

DC

Today, we hit DC. There aren’t any great stories about the things we saw or the things we did today. We did almost all of the main spots on the mall and past the mall… The only thing we didn’t get to see that we wanted to was the tomb of the unknown soldier. Anyway, I’ll just let you look at some fun pictures I took. These are only a few of the 250 that I took – how crazy is that? Needless to say, the girl I am on this trip with probably wasn’t too happy because I was ALWAYS taking pictures. But here’s just a couple of the things we saw:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

We started and ended with the capitol… This was at the beginning of our walk.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

This was a scary sculpture we found as we were walking through the National Gallery of Art Sculpture Garden.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Here is a piece of art made out of tiles that I thought was kinda cool.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

TONS of geese in the reflecting pool…

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

This is one of my favorite memorials – the Korean War Memorial. I thought this was kind of a fun angle, even though the statues faces are a little creepy.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

This is the White House and the back of a tent where a woman has camped out in protest of the war. I believe that she had a son who died in the war, and I thought her signs were kind of interesting…

No comments: