6.20.2004

a moment

I would just like to take a moment to lament the fact that I will not get to see what is probably the most amazing duo concert this summer - Rufus Wainwright and Ben Folds. They played last night in Chicago, and they play next weekend at Summerfest in Milwaukee, and I will get to see neither.

A moment of silence please...

On another note...I just picked up a new CD by an artist called Jem. Highly entertaining, I must say. It reminds me a bit of Dido...I'd like to describe it as Dido collaborating with different artists because each song has a different feel. One song sounds like Dido and Lauren hill, one song sounds like Dido and Jewel...It's a good CD though. I highly recommend checking it out.
Another group I just sampled (thanks Travis) was The Postal Service. Very mellow techno/house type music. That's a really bad description, but I can't think of how else to describe it. I'll work on that...

However, for now, I will continue to lament the fact that I did not get to see probably one of the greatest combos for a concert. How great it would be to see them...But I suppose that's how life goes. Thanks for listening to my thoughts about it.

No comments: