6.23.2004

an evening of comfort

I'm sitting here at my little Mac laptop, a thunderstorm as my backdrop, (hahaha...that rhymed - totally unintentional) a glass of wine next to me, and the movie "The Secret Window" in front of me. It is an evening of comfort. I absolutely love thunderstorms. Granted, they bring about destruction, and if I were ever to have my home or property severely damaged by one, I might have different feelings. But for some unknown reason, thunderstorms are such a comfort to me. Everyone has been saying "When will this rain ever end?" All I can find myself saying is, "Bring it on!" Wine...Well, I'm not really into drinking much. I would however, like to gain some knowledge about wines...It's kind of an interesting sub culture. And as for "The Secret Window"? Nothing but a comfort movie. It's your average I-figured-out-the-ending-before-it-happened type suspenseful movie. But for the evening's theme of comfort, it does quite well. It's not your typical "artsy" Johnny Depp flick...Surprised he did it, actually.

Anyway, sometimes it's great to have those "non-thinking" type nights. The ones where you just sit back, soak in your environment, and enjoy the evening...

On an even better note - NO MORE LAMENTING! Due to a gracious co-worker, it looks as though I'll be able to see Ben & Rufus! Yay for Tory! So I will most definitely be posting a little something on that one in the near future.

Off for now...Going to finish enjoying the evening.
Later.

No comments: