6.21.2004

duck butts

hahahah...I thought that may catch your attention. But I honestly have something to share with respect to this. I was out with a friend of mine tonight, walking around on the pier down by Lake Michigan. I love being out there...It makes me feel so close to God, and allows me to appreciate Him in such a unique way. Anyway, we were walking along when we decided to stop and survey these two geese that were trying to find food. However, it was quite humorous because their little white butts were just sticking up in the air - no shame what so ever - and their webbed feet were flailing about. I rather enjoyed myself watching these two geese. I made mention to my friend if one day, some individuals were watching geese doing the same thing we were witnessing, and thought to themselves, "Hey, what if we tried to do that...but for sport!" and lo and behold, syncronized swimming was created. However, we continued our discussion as to why these geese were so amusing. We questioned each other, wondering if God was intentional in how created us as humans (and animals) to do things certain ways - some of them being humourous. I mean, here we sat, laughing at these cute little duck butts that were wiggling in the air as they dove for food, and I wondered how often we do things that God looks down and snickers at. I mean, come on! We're referred to as sheep...there has to be things that we do that are quite funny to God. Don't you think? A lot of people may disagree with me, but I believe God has an amazing sense of humor. I know some rather funny people, and we were created in God's image after all, right? Sometimes I'm in such awe of God and his creativity. Rock on for duck butts...

No comments: