1.04.2006

sunshine

There are only a few situations in which I will say this - I hate the weather. If it's snowing, I will say "I hate the weater," or, if the humidity is close to being unbearable, I will say, "I hate the weather." But it is rare for me to say "I hate the weather" when it is raining. Typically, I absolutely love rain. There's something so great about it. However, I believe we're now on like day 15 of constant dreary weather, and to that I say, "I hate the weather."

When it feels like 4:00 in the afternoon all day, when it's so damp it makes 40 degrees feel bone-chillingly cold, when you can't seem to warm up or dry off no matter how hard you try - it turns from being a great thing, to a yucky thing.

And for whatever reason, it makes me really sad. I can't even tell you how happy rain usually makes me. If a thunderstorm rolls in, or there's a heavy beating on the roof from the rain - brilliant. But this - this is no fun. I've become so lethargic, so unmotivated, so sleepy... and just down right sad.

I could really use some sunshine right now.

Who would have ever thought the girl who constantly prays for thunderstorms would ask for sunshine. But I am. Right now. Asking for a little bit of glorious sunlight to beam through the clouds. Just for some momentary relief from the dreariness.

You know how there's rain dances? Is there such a thing as a sun dance (and I don't mean the car)? If so, I think we all need to have a massive pow-wow.

Anyone else with me on this?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is your glass half empty of half full?

I'm glad it's not snow.

M

Tory Jane said...

Sorry - wish I was more optimistic...I agree... snow = no good. But I'm still holding out for an ounce of sunshine...

Tom said...

I am the same way, whenever some serious rain or thunderstorms come in, I am all about it waking up and feeling refreshed. I guess I likethe good downpour as afterwards everything is cleaned. But when the weather is freezing and the rain turns to sleet and slush and freezes into ice, that I do not like.

ANd anysongs that have thunder in them and is about rain, I love them and don't know why. I like rain and songs about rain.

Now I was scared for the first time as it was raining and I heard a roaring noise this week, I found out I was looking face to face with a funnel cloud. I could have thrown a football at it.

I still love rain though.