1.07.2006

chi-town

Scary huh? I call it "Star Spewer." Hahaha... This is the product of a friend's husband being out of town, a girls road trip to Chi-town, and the Kraft Education Center at the Art Institute's free "studio." Today I headed down to the art museum with EBrown, and we created these sketchboard drawings. The funny thing was, for almost the entire creative session, we were the oldest ones in the room - by about 15-20 years! It was hilarious. It was totally a workshop for kids. But we partook of it anyway. However, both EBrown and I stared at our blank black slates with no creative spark - we had no idea what to draw. Therefore, we each carved random lines, and then swapped - forcing the other to create something from the random lines. The frightening picture displayed above was the product of weird creative efforts... it was all I could come up with. Quite scary, I know... I have NO idea what was going through my brain as I drew this. However, it was probably the most fun I've had in a while. Gotta love those moments of reverting back to childhood activities.

The Art Institute was a great trip. It's been about 5 or 6 years since I've been there. There were some great exhibits too. I particularily enjoyed the photography exhibit. Great stuff. We then headed to Schaumburg where we attempted to eat dinner at Big Bowl (an hour and 20 minute wait) and ended up at California Pizza Kitchen (seated instantly). After a great dinner, EBrown and I headed home, with good tunes playing on the car stereo. Having had great conversation, and brief moments of insanity, we finally made our way home after a great day of hanging out in a fun city.

EBrown - thanks for such a fun day in the city... Just one last thought for you: "Gander Mountain..."

* I COMPLETELY FORGOT TO MENTION THIS! While driving down to Chicago, the sun came out. THE SUN! As it peeked through the clouds, I giggled with glee and exclaimed, "The sun, glorious sun! I forgot what you looked like!" I closed my eyes and briefly soaked in the warmth and brightness of the sunshine!

1 comment:

Katy said...

What time did you guys eat at CPK? We were in Schaumburg this weekend and considered eating there, but chose Sweet Tomatoes instead. Yum yum! Your outing sounds fun :)