8.31.2004

introverted nature

Having an introverted nature comes at the most inconvenient times, I've found.

I had the most amazing day today. I went to the art museum in Milwaukee with a friend, and we walked all around the city.
We had some great conversation about God, relationships, and life in general. I then headed to church and talked with a great friend for about an hour about God, the church, and our role in culture. I then headed to my weekly college/career aged night at church, and had all sorts of energy at the beginning of the night.

We then headed out as usual afterwords, and I swear, it was like hitting a brick wall. Suddenly, I had no desire or ability in me to be social. My ability to create conversation, to participate in what was going on around me vanished. This is something I have dealt with before, but not really picked up on it until after the fact. Tonight, when it hit me, I looked at my friend and said, "Man, I am having a major introverted moment."

I know that we do not have to let our personality, how we're wired up, dictate how we act...But sometimes those are hard things to jump over. Wondering if anyone has any of the same experiences, or if I'm alone in the introverted battle...

Most of my friends are extroverts...How weird is that. Sounds like it could be a good book title...I'll have to ponder that one a bit. But for now, I must sleep.

No comments: