8.24.2004

garden state, pt. 2

I was finally able to see Garden State. I'm not really sure how to tell the world how much I loved this movie. There were parts I could have done without, but overall, it was such an amazing movie. It covered such an array of emotions. I fell in love with Zach Braff's character as well as Natalie Portman's character ("Do you know what I do when I need to feel unique?") I think that is is a movie that a good part of our generation can relate too...We may not have been involved in the same things that the characters are, however, I think the emotions experienced are altogether too familiar. Zach Braff...what an amazing talent. He wrote, directed and acted in it - it was his baby - and it took off.

I would love to suggest this movie to everyone I possible can, however, it is a bit gritty. There are a few scenes that are a little uncomfortable and the language is a little rough. However, if you're a film nut, this is a must see. The camera work is amazing, the storyline is great...Praise all around.

I laughed very hard (all I have to say is the flaming arrow scene just about made me pee my pants). I cried more than once. And it made me want to find a quarry, wear a garbage bag and yell at the rain...

Let me know if any of you see it, and what your thoughts are.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey it's Ben,
True on all points. Yelling in the rain, there is something in that image. Frustration and joy kind of come together and in the end it's okay. It's in that moment of letting go that you find a peice of yourself. Again, everyone should see this movie! (and if nyone finds the Iron&Wine version of "Such Great Heights" post something!