8.16.2004

new found addictions

I'm back home. Back to life. Back to reality. Does that make anyone else want to break out in a really bad 80's song?

I was thinking about this a lot yesterday, and after having read my brother's blog this morning, thought I too shall post about it. I have a few new TV addictions - one being the Olympics. My mom and I sit there stressing out with quite a few events, but especially gymnastics. We often wonder why we watch them when we get so nervous and upset for them! So we have been watching quite a bit of the Olympics in our house. Mostly gymnastics and swimming. However, this morning my dad and I seemed to catch a bit of skeet shooting. How exciting.

Another new found addiction would be celebrity poker. I have no idea why I got addicted to this show, but I can't get enough of it. I was watching it for quite some time yesterday, and I just enjoy the fact that I like to see actors doing what they do best (acting, not poker) and winning money for charities. The banter back and forth is pretty funny. My favorite person is Lauren (I don't remember her last name). She plays the mom on The Gilmore Girls.

And finally, another show I rather enjoy watching is "Overhauled". This comes from some odd fascination I have with watching car shows. I was huge into Orange County Choppers for a while, and now it's the show Overhauled. It's kind of like the MTV show "Pimp My Ride" only better. They take someone's piece of junk car, and play some sort of prank on them so they have no clue why their car is missing. Friends and family are usually in on it, and these guys restore the car to look pretty slick! I love watching the reactions when they see their newly remodeled car. I was even really close to tears yesterday watching it because they guy who had his car restored started to cry when he saw his wife, and then he started to cry again when he saw his dad (who he had gotten the car from). How lame am I that I'm crying at a car show?

Not to mention my addiction to the "I Love the whatever-the-decade". I never used to be that addicted to TV. I'd watch it every now and then. What am I going to do come fall when the new season of 24 comes out, as well as the new show Lost? I'm going to be a TV addict! YOWZA!

Anyone else have any TV addictions?

2 comments:

dbrown said...

tj
amen to the olympic fever. if there's a cure, i don't want it!
are you a big 24 fan?
thanks for visiting sic transit gloria!

Tory Jane said...

drew...er, I mean, edward applebee...Yes, I am indeed a HUGE 24 fan. I have yet to watch season 3 (I spent all season 3 getting caught up on season 2, as I was a late comer to 24). My goal is to get caught up on season 3 before season 4 comes out this fall. I think I'm going to have to pull a couple all nighters to get it done in time. I gotta find out when season 3 comes out on DVD.

I also wish I could be around for the 24 parties down in Illinois - they sound like a blast. Maybe I'll have to make it around for one.

I enjoy your blog by the way...