8.17.2004

garden state

I have yet to see this movie. I just found a listing on Zach Braff's blog that says it will be coming to Milwaukee on the 27th of August. I can't wait.

If you're a fan of the movie Garden State - whether you've seen it or not - you should check out Zach Braff's blog. It's pretty cool. It's a bit vulgar, so for those of you who do not wish to stumble upon that, I'll warn you ahead of time. It's kind of fun though to read the thoughts of Zach Braff, so if you so desire, check it out.

You can click on the title of my blog entry to get to Zach's blog, or you can go to this address:
http://gardenstate.typepad.com

Other movie reviews:

Napoleon Dynamite - I was a HUGE advocate of this movie, as it looked HILARIOUS to me. I was hugely disappointed however, as the laughs were minimal. In retrospect, there are some great quotes that came from it, but it's defintely a "wait until DVD" type movie.

Riding Giants - for all you documentary fans or surfing fans, this is a fun little documentary on big wave riding. It's not like this ultra creative, super artsy film or anything - but it's just a fun look at big wave riding history. Check it out. It rocks.

The Village - I have heard that SOOOOO many people hate this movie - literally ripping it to shreds. I have my complaints about it (biggest one being Adrien Broody), but I actually kind of enjoyed it. I like movies that don't have the best resolutions - that leave you a little upset. I also like movies that mess with you, like the movie "The Game", where you think you know what's going on, and then you're like "What the crap?!"

That's all I've seen in the theaters recently. I did see Triplets of Bellville on DVD though, and thought it was great. The animation was really exaggerated and funky, and there's no dialogue in the film, but it's really kind of a clever little movie.
You should check it out!

Ok, that's all for now. Have a pleasant evening one and all.

No comments: