9.06.2006

mrm


Well friends, the time has finally arrived... I have a job! Let the celebration begin!

And, it's exactly where I wanted to be - The Milwaukee Rescue Mission, more specifically, Cross Trainers which is their youth division. I had applied mid-July for an administrative assistant position with Cross Trainers Academy - a new school that the Milwaukee Rescue Mission just started. I interviewed for that position towards the end of July, but they decided to go with another candidate. However, they then invited me to interview for another position with their youth ministry - another administrative assistant position. I interviewed about 2 1/2 weeks ago, and was officially offered the position today. I couldn't be more excited!

I start on Monday... My position is sort of being "created as we go" because they're still not totally sure what all their needs will be at this point. But currently, it looks like some of my duties will include your typical administrative duties: data entry, filing, typing projects, photocopying, etc. But will also include: assisting with classroom setup, doing something during the academy's lunchtime (I'm not sure what that entails yet - serving, or lunch monitor?), assisting with the tutoring program (including greeting tutors/students, and helping to make sure things are going smoothly), watching a student while he waits to be picked up by his mom, being a chaperone while taking kids home from school... and I'm sure a whole lot more!

I can't even tell you how excited I am... I have been praying for this job for a while. My family has been praying. My friends have been praying. My family's friends have been praying... I'm so grateful to God for this opportunity. As my friend C-Sliw would say, it's a PG moment (Praise God).

Anyway, I wanted to let you all know that I am about to embark on a new era of my life, something that totally excites me but I know will also stretch and grow me a great deal. I'm anxious to see what's ahead! There are also some other cool bits of news that are "in the works," but I'll save that for another blog.

For now, I'm just going to continue to be excited for this amazing opportunity I've been provided with! I'll keep you guys posted as to how things are going.

If you've been praying for me, I can't thank you enough. You have been a constant encouragement as I have waited for this opportunity to arrive. Thank you.

Here's looking to what's ahead...

(For more info on the Milwaukee Rescue Mission, check out www.milmission.org.)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY TORYPANTS!!!

Rock on girl!!!
(can you believe I am checking this AND writing this early? SHEESH!)

I am proud of you

Katy said...

Congrats Tory!

viclyn said...

Hooray!

Name: Katee said...

oh my word... now you get to work in the 'hood too!! we will have lots of stories to exchange!!! i am happy for you!

Anonymous said...

Tory I am so excited for you! What an incredible answer to prayer! I know that you will be a great blessing to the people you will be working with. I love to celebrate such huge answers to prayer!
Shelly

Holly o:) said...

Congratulations! That's totally awesome! And you're right, that's exactly what CS would say! PG!

Zaar said...

Way to go Tory, congrats on the new job!!