9.09.2006

new

With lots of "new" things going on in my life, I figured why not give my blog a new facelift as well! So, without further ado - welcome to my new blog. But, I'm not going to leave you hanging. Here are a few tricks to the new blog...

Here's the scoop behind the "Pull" tag above.

Now, I'm not sure how many of you out there use Safari as your web browser, but for some reason, it seems as though the Pull Tag doesn't work on Safari. I haven't had any problems with it on Internet Explorer or Firefox, so I'm not sure what the deal is. I will continue to work on figuring it out, but I'm guessing not a ton of you use Safari (or, if you do, you probably have Firefox or IE as well), so it's all good for right now.

Once you click on the Pull Tag, another window will pop down. This has all the info and links I had listed on my old blog. So, for those of you who use my blog to link to a bunch of other blogs, have no fear - they're still there. There's also a navigation menu which is pretty cool.

I like the Pull Tag because it allows simplicity. My entries are really the only thing that appear on the main page, which is nice, but the pull tag allows me to keep all my original links and information. SWEET!

Comments are a little different, and I'm still working to revamp what they look like. Currently, in order to leave a comment, you click on the number that is listed after the Entry Title and Post Date (it's a darker color, so it blends in... I'm working on fixing it). I really want to hear your thoughts though, so click on that number in order to leave one!

I am really interested to hear what you guys think of the new layout. If I get enough "I hate it" responses, I may change it back. I also want to know if you have problems with any of the links or the pull tag. So send me your thoughts and comments!

5 comments:

Brandon J. Brown said...

I really like it. Camino works well with it...

Anonymous said...

I like it! The colors, the simplicity, the "pull" tag...(I haven't heard of that before..is that something new? Gotta check into that for my blog.) I vote: keep it.

Name: Katee said...

I like it a lot... can you do a face lift on my blog... please please...i still need you to help me get my picture on there... maybe next time we see each other(soon).

ginag said...

It looks great! I love the color. The pull tag didn't work, but my computer is kind of acting crazy tonight so I will try it again tomorrow. Good work Tory!

Dave Sandell said...

This is most excellent. You inspired me to finally give my blog the facelift I've wanted to. Oh, and move it of course. Anyway, love your blog as always.