9.24.2006

personal

I find it interesting... I struggle to write blog entries when I have a lot of things consuming my thought life, especially when those things are extremely personal. The same goes for writing articles for Relevant Magazine's website - I can't seem to write them when the stuff I'm going through is too personal. You'd think "tough stuff" like that would generate some good writing material... However, I wonder if the thought of having a lot of people - those close to me, and those not so close to me, reading things that are very deep and personal is the very thing that is paralyzing me.

I've journaled a little bit about it, but have you ever had those moments where some of your own thoughts are scary to you to the point of not being sure what happens if you speak them or write them out? Where you're like, "Why in the world am I thinking that way?" or "Where did that thought come from?" Don't worry, they're nothing extremely terrible. But they are just thoughts that I'm struggling to get rid of, struggling to work through, and it's causing a bit of a writer's block for me to post here.

So thanks for being patient with me. Hopefully, I'll be able to post some more in the near future... Gotta work through some more of these thoughts though first.

2 comments:

viclyn said...

Tory, I have wondered many times what my kids will think of me when they read my journal. Some of the thoughts I have committed to paper are terrible...I feel solace though that once written, they don't hold such sway in my life. Not that they go away, but somehow a burden has been made a little lighter. I guess I hope that my kids won't think I am too crazy when they read them someday!

Sarah said...

Torance...

I am the exact same... I made my 2nd blog in attempt to get around those boundaries, but when people actually started to read it it scared me away. I find it easy to write things in abstract form, such as poems or songs, that no one ever sees/hears, and if they do it's not so simple to deifer.

Jerica tucked me in to bed last night... she read to me from the book "Post Secrets". If you have not heard of it you should check it out cuz it rocks. But I bet you have - cuz YOU rock! Gosh I'm corny. So is my poop.

Woops ... I went too far...