3.08.2006

walk

Today was beautiful out. Granted, not ideal (there was no sun). But one cannot be too picky. The temperature was great - brisk, but not too cold. The snow is melting, providing some monster puddles, and as my mom said, "It's beautiful, and every bird in the neighborhood has something to say about it." I'll take it.

So instead of hitting the gym (which, terribly enough, I haven't been to for probably 2 weeks), I decided it was time to get up, stretch my legs, and take a walk around the neighborhood. I wandered through a neighborhood full of memories. I walked down the street we used to play night games on with the Witmers (along with their foreign exchange student - Jose!), the Burglunds, the two brothers and sister who lived across the street from them, and any other kid we could snag. I walked past my old babysitter's house, who's father gave me a rather inappropriate nickname for a little girl, which I refuse to repeat. I walked my old paper route, past the house that had the gianormous boxer named Joey who, at times, posed a bit of an obstacle when delivering the newspaper (which I had to set under a rock on their porch - how old school!). I walked past the entrance to "Ricky's Trails" - the "forbidden" dirt bike hills where all the boys went to hide their dirty magazines. I went there once in my own naivety, having no clue why people went there... I escaped the wrath of my parents only because I had no idea about the happenings of the hills. I walked past the houses of childhood friends, childhood enemies, and even the old grounds of the abandoned school kids used to explore - Echo Glenn (which, as I've mentioned before, I think would be an awesome band name). It was definitely a walk of memories... Way better than what the treadmill had to offer.

And of course, a good walk can't go with out a good music mix to accompany it. Here is the current "work out" mix.
(Sorry CaraCatalio)

"All We Ever Needed"

"Seventeen Years" - by Ratatat (thanks Aaron)
"Dare" - by Gorillaz
"That's the Way We Get By" - Spoon
"Undertaker Strut" - Ed Harcourt (thanks Jeff)
"My Doorbell" - The White Stripes
"She Don't Use Jelly" - The Flaming Lips (bring back memories, Rae?)
"Dance, Dance" - Fall Out Boy
"Widow" - The Mars Volta (thanks Kyle)
"Helena" - My Chemical Romance
"Sometimes" - Ours
"All We Ever Needed" - The Early November
"The Bird That You Can't See" - Apples in Stereo
"Ha Ha" - Mates of State
"Fight Song" - The Appleseed Cast
"Dutch On the Radio" - Northern Room
"Everything I Once Had" - The Honorary Title

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poop I'm getting old! I have never hear of at least half of those.

Anonymous said...

hear, heard, whatever