10.15.2005

elizabethtown

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Do you ever have those moments in life, where you look at something, and say, “That! That right there… That is what makes life great”?

That was the feeling I left with tonight. Cameron Crowe has a way of creating these moments. Moments you want to be a part of. Moments we’ve experienced. Moments that hit us each in different ways. Maybe Cameron Crowe movies don’t do that for you, but they do for me.

And Elizabethtown is no exception. Can I tell you how much I loved this movie? I loved it for so many reasons. I wish I could write about it more in depth, but I know there are a few of you out there who are super excited to see it, so I don’t want to ruin the experience for you. But I loved this movie.

However, the feelings I left with were both good and bad. Like I said at the beginning of the post, it makes me say, “That! That is what makes life great.” And while true, I think that the mix of feelings is because there were elements of it that I could recognize in my own life, and elements that I saw were not a part of my life. But I wanted them…

I am anxious for more people to go see this movie. Especially music lovers. If you’re a music lover, you’ll DEFINITELY appreciate this movie… Cameron Crowe always does such a beautiful job with the music. So great.

But for now, I’ll leave you with this last image… It was one of my favorites from the poster, along with the picture of Orlando holding an urn and an American flag. But for some reason, I absolutely loved this picture… Maybe it’s because I’ve seemed to have a bit of a one-track mind lately…

P.S. - Cameron Crowe is my music-loving hero!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

4 comments:

Tom said...

I cant wait to see this movie, It was filmed one block from where I work. One day I was on lunch and say Orlando Bloom crossing the street. I think it will be a local hit around here and E'town.

Tory Jane said...

that's so fun! I was a little nervous about being totally gung-ho for this movie, because I was afraid people would be like, "You just like Orlando Bloom." Truth of the matter, yeah, I do like Orlando Bloom - but not like a weird girly girl. Give me Ryan Gosling or Joaquin Phoenix, then I'll be a bit of a girly girl. But I think Orlando is really good, and really underrated as an actor. Anyway, that's so fun that they were filming a block down from you! I totally would have gone down and watched Cameron Crowe in fascination.

Lea said...

Ooooh cool! I saw this movie too and loved it as well. It's hard to explain why it's so great, but it just is, isn't it? It made me think about life and what it is. And hey, I also bought the Augustana cd. Do you listen to Snow Patrol, Athlete, etc? I looked up your articles on Relevant - I love that magazine. Good job!

iggie said...

interesting.