11.20.2004

christmas in the ward

ok one and all...my favorite time of the year is quickly approaching.

I just went to see Polar Expedition last night. I may have to incorporate a third entry for the day to give you my review, but we'll see. Anyway, watching Polar Express totally put in my the mood for Christmas. I absolutely love this time of year. I know that as a Christian, it is supposed to be all about Jesus' birth. And don't get me wrong - the true meaning of Christmas is indeed so close and dear to my heart. I don't want to discount that. But I do love the commercial version of Christmas as well. I love the lights, the decorations, the music... Call me a sucker for "romantic settings" but shoo dang - it is indeed! And it's so beautiful. I love to walk down the streets at night - especially in the city - all the trees lit up and decorated, with carollers strolling about, handing out warm cups of cider, and fireworks going off in the back ground...

Fireworks?

YUP! That's what I said... HOW UNBELIEVABLY AMAZING that my two favorite times of year (Christmas and Fourth of July) will be combined together in one event this year. I absolutely adore fireworks, and this year at Christmas in the Ward (that would be Milwaukee's Historic Third Ward - not the hospital ward you all probably think I should belong to at this point) is going to have a fireworks display. ROCK THE CASBAH! I'm so excited!

So, for those of you my fellow readers (I think that may amount to three of you), I would like to say you're more than welcome to join the Christmas fun! Even if you're not from around here... There is a group from Grace Church in Racine that will be coming up, and I think we're going to get a group of young adults from the Gathering at Ridgewood and it should be loads of fun! It's Friday, December 3rd (shoo, I'll be missing a night of Res Fest - I still hope I can go on Saturday!) and it starts at 5pm. All the art galleries will be open, there will be a tree lighting ceremony, fireworks, carriage rides (I've ALWAYS wanted to go on one!) carolling, bakes sales, all sorts of goodies...

If you are interested, let me know... Otherwise, check out the link that is attached to the title of this entry.
Should be a good time.
I LOVE CHRISTMAS!

No comments: