11.21.2004

am i singing?

Though my young adult gathering tonight ended with the question "What song are you singing?" the question posed in the title of this entry was the one that stuck out in my head. I left the night asking myself not "What song am I singing?" but more basically, "Am I singing?"

The answer I came to was no. I'm not singing. Sure, I have random songs stuck in my head every now and then. I couldn't get "Fall to Pieces" by Velvet Revolver out of my head for the LONGEST time. But this is NOT what I'm referring to. We talked about how we were created to sing God's song... My question is am I singing a song at all? And I don't think that I am. I feel as though it's just noise - a clanging symbol. Typically I leave those kinds of messages feeling like crap...I've failed in one more area - what next? That is my typcial thought. However, this concept of singing "God's Song" resonated with me, and got me really excited. It made me really excited to find it! I know, I know... If I have a personal relationship with God, I should know the song already, right? Well, I'm not sure it's that easy, my friends... I somehow don't think there's just ONE song. I think we can have different songs for different stages in our lives. However, I know that there is one theme to all the songs, and that is that God TOTALLY deserves the glory, and deserves to be proclaimed. Now, I just gotta find a good tune! :)

In the mean time, I leave you with some lyrics from Jeremy Camp's new CD. Have you picked up on my lyric kick lately? Well, anyway...Check it out. It's so good. So simple, so profound.

You wanna be real, you wanna be emptied inside,
You wanna be someone, laying down your pride,
You wanna be someone someday,
Lay it all down before the King

You wanna be whole, you wanna have purpose inside
You wanna have virtue, to purify your mind
You wanna be set free today
Lay it all down before the King

This is my desire, this is my return
This is my desire to be used by You

You wanna be real, you want to be emptied inside
And I know my heart is to feel You near
And I know my life is to do Your will

This is my desire, this is my return
This is my desire to be used by You

1 comment:

Piano Teacher belmont ca said...

Thank you, thats very interesting information. I need to share with my friends.