9.27.2004

to every season...and such

a time for class, a time for a lecture, a time to have your cell phone on, and a time to get kicked out of film class...

Got kicked out of film class today...So much drama right now in my life, that just had to be the icing on the cake. My prof has a rule that if your cell phone goes off in class, she will kick you out and you will receive an F for the day. So my phone - which hardly ever rings - decided to go off during class (thanks for calling Jerica! hehehe) and alas, here I am...kicked out of my class with an F for the day. Joy.

So, with this unexpected amount of extra time, I figured I'd take some time to blog. A few things to write about today. Nothing of any great importance, but some stuff worthy of noting!

For those of you who are looking for a couple new worship songs, check out Mars Hill Music. It's awesome. There is a song by a guy named Troy Hatfield (formerly of Homesick, and some other bands I can't remember the names of) and the other is by Aaron Neiquist (formerly of, well, Aaron Neiquist - GO SOLO ARTISTS!). Both guys are worship leaders up at Mars Hill Bible Church in Grand Rapids, MI. They're really great songs, and they only cost a buck a piece. Check out the website here:
http://www.mhbcmi.org/worship/index.php

Here are a few albums that I've either purchased or rediscovered recently, that I think you should check out as well!

Garden State Soundtrack: This is such a great array of music. Artists include Remy Zero, The Shins, Frou Frou, Nick Drake, The Carey Brothers, Iron & Wine (great version of "Such Great Heights"), Thievery Corporation, Coldplay, and Simon & Garfunkle.

Turin Brakes, Ether Song LP: This was a recommend by Zach Braff - the writer, director & lead in Garden State. It has a very similar feel to Remy Zero, and they have one song called "Rain City" that is on the O.C. Soundtrack as well.

12 Stones, Potter's Field - I just picked up this album, kind of at random to be honest with you. It's alright. It's not something that I'd suggest everyone go out and pick up, but it's entertaining. I enjoy the song Lifeless.

Rediscovered Remy Zero, Villa Elaine - GREAT album. The song "Fair" that is on the Garden State soundtrack is also on this album. Defintely worth the time to check out. Great band. They also sing the theme song to Smallville, for those of you interested in that sort of thing.

Also, I'd like to mention that the first single "Vertigo" off the new U2 album has been released. You can download it now LEGALLY at iTunes. You can also watch the video at http://www.U2exit.com

Movies:
I haven't really seen many new movies lately. I just saw "Usual Suspects" for the first time. GREAT movie!
But I would like to mention that Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind comes out tomorrow. YAY! Also, for those of you interested (which I've learned are not many) Shawshank Redemption is being rereleased in theaters in New York, LA & Chicago. It is playing at the AMC River East in Chicago right now - worth the drive in my opinion. Alas, I have found no one else who finds it worthy.

Alrighty, my homework is lying on the floor, crying out to me to be read. Guess I should work on it, hey?
Until next time...

No comments: