2.13.2005

from the past

I had a bit of an odd occurence last night - but a good odd occurence. A friend and I decided to go check out this "young adult" type church that's on the east side of Milwaukee. We thought that a friend of ours was doing worship for it (found out he wasn't) and, well, we just thought it'd be pretty cool to check out. It was a church that was started because of a bunch of small groups. There were a lot of small groups that were meeting, and then, they just decided to start a church from that. Kind of cool.

Anyway, so my friend Jerica and I walk into the building, and needless to say, it was a little awkward. Now, I can be outgoing at times, and I can also be really shy. At that moment, I was super shy. So, Jerica and I just stood there talking. A few minutes later, this girl named Mel approached us, introduced herself, and started a conversation with us. We weren't a minute into the conversation when all of a sudden I heard "TORY! WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?" I look to see who's shouting my name, only to see my roommate from Judson College who I haven't seen in about 3 or 4 years. CRAZINESS! Her name is Emily, and she was one of the first friends I made at Judson, and was also my roommate my sophomore year. Now, it's not all THAT odd because she is from the Racine area. However, it's just odd that of all the places to run into her, I would run into her there. So, we chatted a bit... As we did, I was like, "Hey, I went to high school with him... and with her." And then Emily was like, "Yeah, we found out about this place because of Chad." Now, oddly, I've known quite a few Chads in my time. I racked my brain through the Chads we would have both known... Finally found a match, and again, someone I had not seen in a couple years. He meandered in later in the night, and I was able to talk to him for a bit. He's always been one of the artsy folk, and I've known him to have long hair, but it's out of control now! hahaha... long and dreaded he is! It was really cool to see him though. What a blast from the past last night!

It's so crazy though because when I experience stuff like that, I can't seem to get it off the brain. For instance, I woke up this morning, and one of my first thoughts was "I can't believe I saw Emily and Chad last night!" It was so exciting and cool to see them. They are definitely people I wouldn't mind having back in my life. Just crazy though to have run into them. Weird how things like that happen.

No comments: