10.23.2004

ok, now!

It's a little late to be posting, so it may not make the most sense

However, this evening I took in the movied "I Heart Huckabees". This is not a movie I would recommend to most, as the language is quite rough, and there are a couple "scenes", However, this movie had me laughing - and dang hard! Jason Schwartzman (Rushmore) was really good, but I believe the highlight of the film for me had to be Mark Wahlberg. Yes, I did indeed say Mark Wahlberg. He was so brilliant in this movie! His character was so great, and somewhat differen than roles he has taken in the past. Such a great character...As far as what the movie was about...Hmmm...Good question. I have no idea. It was very "existential" in ways, exploring the ideas that everything is somehow connected, and made up of the same matter. It also explored the idea that the world is cruel and that nothing is connected, and we are alone in the universe. It also explored the idea of numming any sort of thinking/feeling by hitting each other in the face with giant rubber balls "ok, now!" This movie was bizarre, it was humorous, it was witty, it was dark, it was a whole slew of things all in one. Like I said, it's not REALLY a recommendation, but if any of you DO by chance see it, let me know...It's quite interesting.

Side note: Almost saw a brawl happen tonight...Felt bad for not doing anything to help the situation...there were fists thrown, and many unrepeatable words said...It was like a bad car accident...As bad as a fight would have been, couldn't stop watching.

Random thought for the night: Do you ever wonder if the things that erk you the most about someone/something, are the things that are a part of your own nature? For instance, if I get SUPER frustrated with a gossip, do you suppose that I may have the same problem and just don't realize it? Or if I can't stand a compulsive liar - is it possible that I struggle with it and am clueless about it? I was struggling with some "erks" tonight, and then began to wonder if maybe I manifest them as well, and am just unaware of them...Kinda frustrating, but also a possibility? Dunno...just a thought.

No comments: