1.01.2007

welcome


Welcome to 2007.

2007... That sounds so strange. I remember when I first learned of the movie "2001: A Space Oddessy" and thought the year 2001 sounded so strange, so far away...I wondered if I'd ever get to experience 2001. And here we find ourselves in the year 2007.

Ringing in the New Year seems to bring about many resolutions and goals. It is a time of new beginnings. It gives individuals an excuse to start over, and to make things different than they were before.

But another thing I love about the new year is that it serves as a gentle reminder that time continues to move forward. It gives us a jolt, reminding us that life is short, and we ought to live it to the fullest. I love the following quote:

"Happiness is a journey, not a destination. So work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt, and dance like no one is looking."

As 2006 comes to a close, and we've now entered a new year, I think about what new things I will experience. There are things I dream about, things I want to see happen... Things that are exciting, things that are daring, and things that are even a bit unimaginable. I love thinking about all the possibilites this new year holds.

But instead of detailing what I want to see happen, I'm more interested in learning about what you guys want to see happen. Whether it's something you want to see happen in 2007, or just something you want to experience sometime in your life, I'd love to know what it is.

Whether you've been reading my blog for a while, you're new here, you're a good friend of mine, or you stumbled upon this website through a link found elsewhere... I want to hear what sorts of things excite you and what things you're dreaming about as we enter into this new year.

Welcome to 2007... and welcome to new resolutions, new goals, and new dreams.

(Photo taken from user garychrist at www.sxc.hu)

2 comments:

mjonthemove said...

Hmmm... I want to see Milwaukee take off as an international city...

Actually, I'm serious. AND I want to see black people and white people together at church. I work in the black community, and let me tell you, it is a completely separate community (church, social, political, etc.). It seems there's a duplicity there that could be united, and become very powerful for this great city. So, reach out.

Also, I want good Milwaukee bands (read Maritime, Call Me Lightning, Lights Out Asia) to rise in popularity and put Milwaukee on the map. You can read about my 2006 picks at mjonthemove.blogspot.com.

By the way, thanks for the comment, Tory. I'll be responding to that.

- m.j.

Jessie said...

very nice blog, Tory. It was great to meet you on Christmas. Keep up the good work with those kids at CTA! God bless,
J