1.08.2007

365


I'm pretty much an amateur when it comes to photography. Currently, I don't even have my own digital camera (mine is broken, and I need to send it in to either get fixed or replaced). The digital camera I'm currently using isn't spectacular, and my knowledge of how to set up shots isn't great either. However, despite my lack of knowledge and experience, I absolutely love photography, and am always looking for an interesting way in which to stretch myself.

My co-worker and friend, Simon, created a Flickr group called "365 and still alive" that he invited me to be a part of. The goal: Take one self-portrait every day for 365 days. I suppose it sounds a bit narcissistic - only taking photos of ourselves. But hey, at least it gets us taking photos every day. And it'll be interesting to see how creative I can get. I mean, 365 pictures of oneself seems a bit daunting... I'm not totally sure how many different poses, outfits, and locations I can find/create!

But we will see how far I make it. I am only on day one.

You can check out his photo project here:

365 and still alive...

No comments: