1.11.2007

mars

Today at work, there was a teen girls event going on. One of my co-workers was getting a game ready for the girls where they had to look at a picture of a celebrity and figure out who it was. The catch was that part of their face was covered up, so they weren't totally able to see who it was. She found some pretty funny pictures, and had some great ideas as to what celebrities she should use. The funniest BY FAR was a picture of Bill Gates. She simply covered up the lower part of his chin and neck, leaving most of his face uncovered because she KNEW they would have no clue who he was.

However, as we were looking at a couple of the pictures, I noticed a picture of Spike Lee in her pile. I think she was slightly impressed that I actually knew who Spike Lee was, and when I noticed her surprised, I started to quote the old Air Jordan commercials he was in. "Mars Blackman here with my main man, Michael Jordan." Everyone, with the exception of this co-worker, just looked at me with a blank stare. None of them had ever seen or even heard of the Mars Blackman Air Jordan commercials. I guess I can thank the fact that I had a brother who was obsessed with basketball growing up.

But it made me wonder if I could find the old Mars Blackman commercials. And indeed I could! YouTube came through for me once again!

So, for your viewing pleasure, a little throwback to the old days... Spike Lee - the early years.

No comments: