4.16.2006

electric president

Hello friends.

It's been a while since I've posted about a band I'm listening to. Maybe it's because I haven't been discovering as much music lately, but rather gaining a greater appreciation for the music I already own.

But I would like to introduce you to the most recent addition to my music collection. I'm kind of late getting on the bandwagon with this one. It's a band by the name of Electric President. I guess EP got their notariety from where else - the O.C., but since I don't keep up with the O.C., I didn't find them until just know. And I guess they used to go by the name Radical Face. But the EP album reminds me a little of Postal Service meets The Album Leaf. It's got an interesting sound too. Acoustic mixed with a LOT of electronic sounds. The two guys from the band give a much better description than I could ever write:

"Alrighty. After 8 months, the first full-length record under the new name is finished. As usual, it was recorded in a tool shed and a bedroom. But there was a slightly different goal this time around. The idea was in to integrate computers into the process as much as possible, but without making it an "electronic" record. So a lot of the sounds started as acoustic recordings and were later chopped and sequenced into something new. Which meant a lot of the work took place after all the mics were put away."

So check them out... I've been listening to their album a lot today, and it rocks. If you already know about them because they've been around for awhile, bear with my tardiness in learning of their greatness. They're available on iTunes, so go there... like, now!

No comments: