6.03.2006

schwartzman


How great is this picture... See no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil... The three Js say so.

I wanted to write a post about Jason Schwartzman - an actor who is strongly becoming a favorite in my book. Recently, I have been intrigued by a few different actors (including Joseph Gordon-Levitt and David Strathairn), causing me to watch everything they've been in. However, Jason Schwartzman is one of those people that no matter how weird or lame the movie, he makes it worthwhile.

I just watched "Shopgirl" not that long ago. Now, don't get me wrong. I love Steve Martin. "Three Amigos" - still one of my favorite "fun" movies to this day. And I absolutely love Claire Danes. I was addicted (and still am) to "My So-Called Life" (and no K-Do, it was because of J.L.). Despite Claire Danes frightening way of crying on screen (see Romeo and Juliet and Brokendown Palace), I really enjoy her as an actress. But "Shopgirl" left me with something to be desired - happiness. Yes, it ends well. But the story in and of itself is kind of sad. However, Jason Schwartzman saved the movie. His character - despite how much of a moron he is - is SO great. Such a hilarious character. Maybe I'm just biased because I find Jason Schwartzman to be funny all the time - the whole two movies I've seen him in.

Yes, that's right. I've only seen him in two other movies - "I Heart Huckabees" and "Rushmore," both of which I loved. I have not seen "Bewitched," "CQ," "Simone," "Slackers," "Everything's Illuminated" nor "Spin." I'm sure there are other movies he's in that I'm missing, but I've just started to scratch the surface in finding them.

So, my movie journey continues, now seeking out the other movies in which Schartzman has graced the screen. I'll keep you posted if I come across any honorable mentions.

(Picture from www.dumb-luck.org)

No comments: