11.10.2005

joy, part 2

A while back I started part one a "100 Joys" list, an idea inspired/started by Justin & KFinn. This is the second half of the list, again in no particular order. These are just a few things that bring a major smile to my face, and I rather enjoy engaging in.

Ladies and gentlemen... Joy, part 2.

51. Random conversations with Sally Kalbas
52. Good thrift store finds
53. Conversations about creative ventures
54. Scarves
55. Trying to learn how to skateboard with friends
56. Any Gilmore Girls conversation
57. Live music shows – MATISYAHU NEXT WEEK!
58. Artistic elements other than music to worship God
59. Unexpected gifts
60. Notes of encouragement
61. Chuck Taylor Converse tennis shoes
62. IKEA
63. Old bookstores
64. Watching little kids try to play Hide N’ Seek
65. Catching up with long-lost friends
66. Random trips to no where
67. Roasting marshmallows
68. Going to the zoo!
69. Playing Scrabble
70. Watching Jeopardy with my mom
71. Seeing sci-fi movies with my dad
72. Discussing personality profiles & birth order
73. Momentary bursts of insane silliness
74. Singing in my car at the top of my lungs
75. Reading through old journals
76. Pillows
77. The SEMP Tootsie Pop tradition
78. Wave Games
79. Reading my friends’ blogs
80. Giving gifts (especially themed ones!)
81. Milwaukee’s Gallery Night
82. Doodling
83. Blowing bubbles
84. Building with Legos
85. Walking around the city – especially Chicago
86. Boats
87. Shoes, shoes, and SHOES! (Pumas anyone?)
88. Fresh Ink Cards
89. Listening to music my dad grew up listening to
90. Shooting stars
91. Fireworks
92. Freaks and Geeks (the show)
93. Taking pictures
94. Getting lost (only if I don’t have to be somewhere)
95. Watching two people get engaged (at a Ben Folds concert!)
96. Bowling (any takers? Amy?)
97. Oversized hoodies
98. My sister-in-law’s “holiday tree”
99. Sitting by candlelight
100. Writing a “100 Joys” list for my blog

5 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

dang, i love reading these lists!! thanks for sharing, tory. you're a rockstar!

reading your list made me think of another "joy" for me.... listening to old "mixed tapes!" yah, baby, the 80's were the bomb!!

Parke said...

"85. Walking around the city – especially Chicago"

now that's quality.

Unknown said...

where's #101? Driving to Georgia listening to the Gorillaz with Chad???

Tory Jane said...

You guys weren't really into the Gorillaz at that point... The song of the trip was definitely "Move Your Feet" by Junior Senior... That was INDEED a fun time! I so enjoyed being navigator!