3.06.2005

missed

I didn't know her. I don't have to know her, I guess. I've learned a lot from those who DID know her, and are now battling their sense of loss, missing her. They're expressing her kindness, her love for people, her love for God... I didn't know her. But do I need to know her? She was a sister in Christ, whether I knew her or not, and today I join the many others in mourning her loss: her family and friends, my brother and sister in law, the band who lead worship at a conference I was at, and one of my brother's closest friends - a best friend of this girl. I can't pretend that my mourning is the same. It's not. I have no idea the pain and hurt they are experiencing right now. But I mourn the loss of another young person who felt they had no other option. I mourn for her family, her fiancee, and her friends who now have to do life without her. I didn't know her, but I feel like I did. Everytime I walk past my friends who have a huge smiles on their faces, but have so much pain inside... Everytime I see a friend of mine, journaling their inner most thoughts... Everytime I ask the question, "Is life worth living?" I didn't know her... but I'm sure she will be missed. May God bless Laurie's friends and family. You will all be in my prayers.

1 comment:

dbrown said...

Thanks Tory.