12.18.2005

rated PG

I have a friend who tends to rate a lot of things "PG" - as in,
Praise God.

This week can only be rated as such.

My brother and sister-in-law had some really crazy things happen to them this past week. After a few really rough months, this only seemed to add fuel to the fire. However, it's amazing to see how God provided for them... Seriously, it's a pretty stellar story. It's definitely not over, and they're still trying to pick up the pieces that have scattered all over the place. However, they definitely had some PG moments this week.

I too had my own PG moment this weekend. On Friday, 10 minutes prior to my walking out the door for a work-related holiday party, I received an email from my college advisor. It stated, "You have not been cleared for graduation in May 2006." My heart dropped. Not cleared? Why not? As I continued to read the email, my advisor informed me that I had not taken a class I needed to take, and that I must drop one of my classes during the Spring semester in order to graduate. I really had no room to shuffle things around, and I really was not looking forward to dropping my Modern Biblical and Hebrew literature class, where we will be studying the Torah in great depth. I was so excited for that, hoping it would stoke some dedication to reading the Bible on a more regular basis. For two days I stewed over how I was going to work it out, fit the class into my schedule, and still be able to graduate. I sent an email to my advisor, as well as the chair of the English department. I had no idea what I was going to do. I just knew that if I couldn't graduate, I'd be heartbroken.

Today, I received another email from my advisor. He had done some checking, and was able to clear it up with the department. I am now scheduled to graduate in May of 2006. A PG MOMENT ALL THE WAY!

I just wanted to share with you about the PG week that was experienced by my family and I this week.
Sometimes, it's so easy to get caught up in all the crap that's going on, that I forget to give praise where praise is due (even though praise is due during the crap as well!)

Thanks to my friend C-Sliw for the rating system.

No comments: