10.28.2007

world


There is so much swirling around in my head and my heart right now that I can't really seem to put it into words. I have been sitting here at my computer for a good hour now trying to figure out how and what to write... and it won't come.

The picture above is of my friend Craig and his son Elijah. I love the sky in this picture and their silhouettes against it. It makes me think of a song I've been listening to nonstop all week. In some odd way, this song has been good for my soul. I realize the first line is a little jarring, but the song is so beautiful. If you get a chance, check it out on iTunes.

But this idea... of the world spinning madly on... it's exactly how I feel right now. That life is so crazy, and the world is so messed up... but, the world will continue to spin... No matter what happens, no matter how things unfold... life will continue.

With that, I leave you with the lyrics for "The World Spins Madly On" by The Weepies.


Woke up and wished that I was dead
With an aching in my head
I lay motionless in bed
I thought of you and where you'd gone
and let the world spin madly on

Everything that I said I'd do
Like make the world brand new
And take the time for you
I just got lost and slept right through the dawn
And the world spins madly on

I let the day go by
I always say goodbye
I watch the stars from my window sill
The whole world is moving and I'm standing still

Woke up and wished that I was dead
With an aching in my head
I lay motionless in bed
The night is here and the day is gone
And the world spins madly on

I thought of you and where you'd gone
And the world spins madly on.

No comments: