10.02.2006

I {heart} today

Today was a great day.

There is no amazing story, no really great moment... just an all around good day.

First of all, I woke up late. Now, most people would consider this a bad start to the day. However, I called my boss to tell him I'd be late, and he couldn't have been any cooler about it. I walked out the front door when the warm air immediately encompassed me. The sun was shining, and the weatherman told me it was going to be 80 degrees. 80 degrees on October 2. Brilliant.

While the kids were a bit squirrely at work today, I had a great day. I was able to accomplish a fair amount of work.

Enter post-work funness.

My good friend Sarah and I decided to meet up for dinner. I drove over to the east side of Milwaukee, and we walked to the new Whole Foods that was just built. For those of you who are not familiar with Whole Foods, it's a whole lot of organic goodness. However, despite the fact that they have amazing amounts of food bars, we decided to head to Beans & Barley instead, one of my favorite restaurants in Milwaukee. We sat outside on the patio, and enjoyed the thunderstorm as it began to roll in. We then headed to my favorite coffee shop (Alterra) and walked home just as the lightning started to strike.

On our walk home, we stood at the top of a hill overlooking Lake Michigan. The sky was dark, the wind was blowing, and you could hear the sound of the waves lapping and leaves dancing across the ground. It was beautiful.

As I drove home, the thunderstorm began to pick up... I rolled my window down, allowing the wind to fill my little car. I listened to "Lightning" - a song that is on Counting Crow's demo CD, and "Transatlanticism" by Death Cab for Cutie - my favorite song by them and a song I can listen to over and over.

That's when the rain let loose... When I got out of my car, I couldn't help but stand and let the rain have it's way with me. It was a great moment... I need to do that more often.

I am now at home, enjoying some missed television. Has anybody been watching Studio 60?
Good stuff...

I {heart} today.
It's been a while since I've enjoyed a day as much as I did today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yeah for letting go and enjoying life.

mark and i have been watching studio 60 good stuff!