7.14.2005

m.i.a.

It's been a bit since I last posted, and may indeed be a while until I post again. I am about an hour away from leaving to go down to Wheaton, IL to work my 4th summer at SEMP (Students Equipped to Minister to Peers - it's a youth conference). Both excitement and nerves have hit my stomach, and my stomach is unsure how to digest them. Lots of changes this year... Both of my sidekicks are gone (I will most definitely miss my music buddy and everything that I learn from Aaron, and I will for sure miss my roomie with whom I have late night talks and laughs with)...Another friend will be missing this year - Jarred - and OH how I will miss his laughs (so unbelievably contageous!). Also, a little rearranging of leadership - I will be working under my brother for the first time ever. We haven't around each other this long (a week) since I was probably 12. Also, our shepherd for the week - Mark - is waiting on pins and needles for his wife who is due with twins any day. And there are a whole mess of new comers to the game this year. So lots of changes... But I'm anticipating great things. Great challenges, but great rewards as well. I'll try to post if I can...

But I just thought I'd give you all a heads up as to where I was so you didn't think I was MIA.
Thanks for taking the time to read my blog, and listen to my inconsistent ramblings.

Rock on, my friends.

4 comments:

Parke said...

Good stuff. Hope it goes well.

jennifer said...

I just read your article in Relevant about silence. I have had many similar experiences being a sound junkie myself. Thanks for the reminder that "being still" isn't so bad.

~jen

Larry said...

Tory, I really liked your story on Relevant. The analogy of playing chicken is really poignant and thought provoking. I appreciate you taking the time to minister through your experience. Many blessings,
Larry
larrymitnaul.blogspot.com

Kimberly Cangelosi said...

I hope SEMP is going well. Must be strange without some of those familiar faces! Sometimes I think about visiting Impact but just about everybody has moved on...I guess that's just the sorta thing Time does.