12.05.2006

tunes


Music is good for my soul.

I just got my own "space" at work, and of course, I need to have a handful of CDs by my side to listen to. Therefore, I've been making a few different mix CDs. Recently, I've been obsessed with piano. It's always been a huge love of mine, but just recently, I seem to be searching high and low for more good piano tunes. I've gotten a few suggestions from people which I have loved - so thank you!

This is the current playlist I am hooked on. It incorporates a LOT of piano, but also a lot of the acoustic/folksie sound...well, with some other stuff thrown in there too.

9 Crimes Mix

"Nice, Naive, and Beautiful" - Plumb
"Lonelily" - Damien Rice
"Waiting For My Real Life To Begin" - Colin Hay (thanks Graham!)
"Can't Complain" - Nickel Creek
"Proof" - Colplay
"Go" - Plumb
"Thinking It Over" - Dana Glover
"Come Back Down" - Lifehouse
"Rooftops and Invitations" - Dashboard Confessional
"Hymn" - Cooper (thanks Joshua!)
"Shine" - Tina Malia
"All of My Days" - Alexi Murdoch
"So Long, So Long" - Dashboard Confessional (yay Adam Duritz!)
"9 Crimes" - Damien Rice
"Hallelujah" - Cooper

There are a lot of repeat artists on there I realize, but what can I say... I love their music! I suggest you check out Cooper on iTunes - really fun music. Check out his self-titled album, and also his album entitled "2." Sort of Ben Folds, meets Rufus Wainwright, meets Coldplay, meets Keane, meets Aqualung, meets The Fray. Hahaha... Yes... There's a little bit of all in there! Also, check out Alexi Murdoch - a Nick Drake kind of fella.

Ok friends... That's it for now. Music updates to come in the near future. I have a CD in the mail by a Canadian band called Pilate, and I'm also hoping to order the new Mars Hill worship album rather soon.

Until then, keep the music suggestions coming!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hear the Ben Folds likeness, but not so much the Rufus Wainright. Any specific song remind you of him?

Anonymous said...

woo hoo! piano music. so happy to see that list.. I will definitely use it - especially for a road trip to nebraska for a wedding this weekend.

thankyouverymuch.

Anonymous said...

Tory very nice props on the music. Keep listening and have a wonderful Christmas.

Tory Jane said...

Thanks for commenting, friends... Those of you who have both commented AND sent me emails! I haven't been getting a lot of comments recently, and I was wondering if it was either A) Because the comment button is a little harder to find, or B) My blog is just that boring.

But I appreciate the feedback. Thanks a bunch!

Anonymous said...

Amos Lee yes, Damian Rice yes, ben folds yes, rufus yes.. everything yes.

I just wanted to let you know how much your article "Duck duck goose" blessed me. You are a great encouragment. I hope I run into you some day. If you ever move to seattle, we should be friends.

Anonymous said...

Big fan of "Lonelily." Not so big of fan of his new album.